Q1: How many member airlines does Star Alliance have?
Answer:The Star Alliance has 27 member airlines, including Air China, Lufthansa German Airlines, United Airlines, Air Canada, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Air New Zealand, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Thai Airways, US Airways, South African Airways, Swiss International Air Lines, LOT Polish Airlines, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Egypt Air, Adria Airways, Blue 1 Ltd., Croatia Airlines, Aegean Airlines, TAM Airlines, Avianca TACA Airlines, Copa Airlines and Ethiopian Airlines.
Q2. What is Star Alliance¡¯s vision and mission?
Answer: Star Alliance’s vision is to be the leading global airline alliance for the high-value international traveler.
Star Alliance Mission: to contribute to the long-term profitability of its members beyond their individual capabilities.
Q3: What are the important strategies of Star Alliance?
Answer: Star Alliance's important strategies include:
1. Expand network of its member airlines and provide more connection choices for customers.
2. Maximize resources utilization and increase market shares through coordinated arrangements of sales staff, distribution channels, information platform, and facilities.
3. Develop new products such as seamless check-in service, frequent flyer programs, sharing of airport lounges to meet the unified service requirement and maintain its positions as a leading alliance.
4. Develop and share advanced information system, such as World Tracer, STARNET, RAS, publish IT platform.
5. Help member airlines save operational costs through joint sourcing programs to purchase resources such as jet fuel, flight meals, spare parts, and aircrafts at a better price.
6. Develop a globally recognized brand through massive joint or individual promotions.