Booking & Ticketing
1. How to make a reservation?
2. How is the validity period of a ticket calculated?
3. How do I make changes to my ticket?
4. How do I get a ticket refund?
5. How do I book a ticket for an infant?
6. How do I book a ticket for an unaccompanied minor?
1. What happens when there is a change to the flight schedule?
2.What is the meaning of Code share?
3. How can I find out if a specific flight is arriving / departing on time?
4. Does Air China offer a downloadable timetable?
1. How do I check-in for international flights?
2. What is the closing time for check-in on regional and international flights?
3. What type of identification is needed during check-in?
4. May I check-in for my flight online?
5. Can I use web check-in if I have baggage to check?
6. Can I cancel my flight after checking in online?
1. Which routes have baggage restrictions by weight?
2. Which routes have baggage restrictions on number of pieces?
3. What are the baggage restrictions by weight?
4. What are the baggage restrictions by piece for First Class and Business Class passengers?
5. What are the baggage restrictions by piece for Economy Class passengers, child passengers and infant passengers?
6. What are the baggage restrictions for infant passengers?
7. What do I do if I realize after the flight that my luggage has been damaged or lost?
8. How does Air China find lost baggage?
9. What is the compensation policy if baggage is lost or damaged on a flight between US and China and Canada and China?
10. How much carry-on baggage can I take into the aircraft cabin?
11. If I am connecting flights on Air China, do I need to pick up my luggage and re-check it?
12. What is the charge for excess baggage?
13. How do I transport bulky or fragile baggage?
14. Can my pet travel with me?
15. How much do I need to pay for my pet?
16. What documents do I need if I want to travel with my pet?
17. Do I need to book an oxygen cabin for my pet?
In the Air
1. Is it safe to use electronic devices such as CD-players and laptops on the airplane?
2. Am I allowed to smoke on board the airplane?
1. Where can I apply for the unaccompanied children service?
2. What is the age limit for the unaccompanied children service?
3. What is the service charge for the unaccompanied children service?
4. What documents need to be provided when requesting the unaccompanied children service?
5. What documents need to be provided if my child is flying by himself/herself?
6. How does Air China assist my child during check-in and security?
7. What services does Air China provide to my child to ensure security when a flight is cancelled or delayed?
8. How does the person picking up my child at the destination meet my child when the plane arrives?
9. Is there a limit on the number of infant passengers allowed on each flight?
10. What is the procedure for requesting an infant cradle?
1. How far in advance do I need to contact Air China if I need stretcher service?
2. What are the regulations for transporting a wheelchair?
3. How do I order a wheelchair?
1. Can pregnant woman fly with Air China?
1. May I order special meals on Air China flights?
2. How long before my flight do I need to contact Air China if I need a special meal?
3. How long before my flight do I need to contact Air China if I need a kosher meal?
4. If flying on a code-share flight or a charter flight, should the passenger contact the actual carrier or the code-share carrier to request special meals?
5. How many special meals can one passenger request for one flight?
1. What is API?
2. What API information needs to be provided by passengers entering America?
3. What API information needs to be provided by passengers leaving America?
4. For passengers staying at multiple addresses in America, what address should be input on the form?
5. What details need to be included in the address in America?
6. Passengers that are students arriving in America before the term starts, what address should be input on the form?
7. If a passenger has dual citizenship, which travel certificate information should be input on the form?
Overbooking of Flights
1. What does overbooking mean?
2. Why does Air China overbook flights?
3. What happens if more passengers show up than there are available seats?
1. How can I join Air China's frequent flyer program?
2. When will I receive my membership card after I've submitted my application?
3. Does my membership card qualify me for other services?
4. How can I have my password changed?
5. How can I know the details of my account?
6. When should I produce my membership card?
7. What should I do if my card is damaged or lost?
8. What should I do if I have more than one account? Can I consolidate my accounts?
1. How can I accrue mileage?
2. How can I have my mileage credited for past flights?
3. How far back can I get flights credited to my account?
4. Can my family or friends contribute to my mileage account when they fly?
5. Can I accrue mileage when flying with any of the Star Alliance carriers?
6. When I use the services of any of Air China's partners, when will the mileage enter into my account? If my mileage is missing, how can I get it credited?
1. What qualifies me for my first award request?
2. How can I request award travel?
3. How can I request award travel?
4. When can I request an award with my mileage?
5. Can I get free tickets from the Member Services Center?
6. What number should I dial if I have any questions about ticketing?
Elite Member Status
1.How can I be upgraded to the Elite Member status?
2. I have been upgrated to a new status. When can I get my new membership card?
Contact the Member Services Center
How can I contact the Member Services Center?